1. Don’t liter, ever (feel free to pick up trash though!).
2. Say “Please” and “Thank you” to whoever you’re talking to and wherever you go. The little things go a long way.
3. Hold the door open for people (behind you or in front of you, both will be pretty excited about it).
4. Don’t listen to music on your headphones obnoxiously loud when you’re on a crowded bus or any other setting where there are people in close quarters, not cool.
5. Be kind to strangers.
6. When you see someone drop something: pick it up, and run to give it to them (especially if it’s money, they’ll love you).
7. Give kindness to those who least deserve it (I think the saying goes, “kill ’em with kindness” but don’t take that literally, it’s just a saying (if you’ve ever worked in retail– you know the drill)).
8. Don’t be “that guy” or “that girl” many of us have been in situations where there’s one person in the room/restaurant/bar/whatever who is a complete ass to the waiter/waitress/bartender/cashier for no reason. Don’t be them. No one likes them.
9. Ask questions you genuinely want to know the answer. Small talk can be interesting (you don’t only have to talk about the weather!) you can learn a lot too.
10. Buy a homeless person(s) a meal(s) (c’mon, you can probably afford it).
12. Put money in someone’s parking meter (wait, that might be illegal?) …
13. Don’t talk on the phone while the cashier is ringing you up (they are a human and they deserve respect).
14. Start a conversation with someone you wouldn’t normally start one with.
15. Write little notes with your favorite inspiring quotes and leave them in a random book in the library.
16. Be curious about the people around you: ask them about their story or where they’re going (just don’t do it in a creepy stalker way).
17. Don’t talk on the phone in quiet, public settings (especially, the movie theater).
18. Smile at people when you walk by them don’t pretend to be on your phone or just not make eye contact, acknowledge them.
19. Don’t damage or destroy public property.
20. But, most importantly: if you’re ever in this situation, react without hesitation.
Thanks for reading & good luck!
Comment to let us know how it goes.